Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Chris Brown and Rihanna


"Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired. I am seeking the counseling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones and I am committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person."
So he goes ape sh!t on his girlfriend, beats her up, bites her, runs and hides from the police like a little punk, and this is what he has to say? It would have been better if he had kept his mouth shut. Let's break it down:

"Words cannot begin to express how sorry and saddened I am over what transpired" sounds like he's referring to an unfortunate incident in which he had no involvement.

"I am seeking the counseling of my pastor, my mother and other loved ones and I am committed, with God's help, to emerging a better person." This means he's hiding out with his Mommy, chilling for a minute while his boys stop by. Is he truly seeking God's help, or is somebody else's pastor stopping by because it looks good?

If he is truly sorry and remorseful he will hold himself accountable, and be sincere in his quest to make this right. That is not what's happening here.

I'm calling it. Perhaps his 'people' will try to persuade Rihanna to issue a statement of her own to take some of the heat off of him. After some time, probably after he thinks everyone has calmed down, he's going to issue another statement, equal to this one in insincerity. After that, all in the World of Chris Brown will be right again. He will continue to sing, people will continue to buy his music, and he will continue beat up on girls.

I believe this incident is just the beginning with Chris Brown. He has let us all know who he really is, not just by what he did, but by his response to what he did. Rihanna may be only the first victim of Chris Brown and he will get worse. Yes, there are two sides to every story, but only one person got the stuff beaten out of her, the police were only called on one person, that person was gone when the police arrived. I know it's still unfolding and he can turn things around, but he is not off to a good start. Showing accountability would take some character, something he's sorely lacking.

And yes, I know he's 19, but think about it. What kind of damage will he be doing at 25, 30, 40?

I pray Rihanna makes a recovery from everything she lost on that fateful night in question. I pray I am wrong about Chris Brown.

I'd like to know what you think about this situation.

To be continued.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.