Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ruby and the Romantics - Our Day Will Come

Today is my parents' anniversary. Had they lived, they would have been married 42 years.

I believe they are together now, two overjoyed spirits not beleaguered by the cares of this earth.

My dad loved his music, and it seemed he played a little of everything. There are a few special songs that remind me of both my parents for different reasons. They played this song very often when I was a little girl. As I got older, it became part of that category of songs for me where the lyrics are simple, but intense. Like much of the music of days gone by, there's an innocence you no longer hear in today's music:

Our day will come, and we'll have everything

We'll share the joy falling in love can bring...

... Our dreams have magic because we'll always stay in love this way

Our Day Will come...

So, here's to you, Mama & Daddy. I know you didn't drink, but I will be toasting you tonight, and I'll do it up right. I imagine now you're looking at each other, shaking your heads and laughing.

I'm cool with that.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.